WordPress in Thai Language
Doing my bit for Charity I was contacted by Rotary Phayao to create a website for them but they need to CMS to be in Thai language. Thankfully WordPress has a Thai language pack that you can add to converting the website into Thai language.
Since I use GoDaddy and Plesk it was simple to install the WordPress site onto the server, but unfortunately GoDaddy hasn't enabled it so you can install the Thai language pack as well so you have to do this manually by downloading the software from http://th.wordpress.org/ but that's a bit of a pain in the butt so here are the instructions for changing your WordPress English language site into Thai language.
1. Install WordPress
2. Download the following language po files here. (PS I've updated these PO files so the Thai language makes more sense then the ones you get from wordpress).
3. Create a new folder (if it doesn't exist) at /wp-content/languages/ and upload the language po files to this location of your wordpress website
4. Go to the wp-config.php file and add change the language definition in the line definate('WPLANG',''); to define('WPLANG', 'th'); like so:
* WordPress Localized Language, defaults to English.
* Change this to localize WordPress. A corresponding MO file for the chosen
* language must be installed to wp-content/languages. For example, install
* de_DE.mo to wp-content/languages and set WPLANG to 'de_DE' to enable German
* language support.
And that's it! Good luck guys just remember the translations might need some tweaking I think the guy who did it used Google translator to get the Thai translations. Anyway the site is still in development and hopefully should be complete in the next week or so.
I must thank you for the efforts you’ve put in writing this website.
I am hoping to see the same high-grade content from you later
on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my very own site now 😉