Meeting Thai Women on Facebook
There are no shortage of ways to meet women in Thailand, but I’d like to discuss yet another viable option. Facebook is a really underrated and FREE way to meet Thai girls, whether you’re presently in Thailand or you’re scouting for your holidays. Here is a step by step guide to success.
1) Proceed with Caution: Facebook can be a gold mine with women but you need to be careful. If you are already an active Facebook member and you care what your friends and family from back home think of you, make sure to toggle through your Facebook options even on a case by case basis with other members. The danger here is that if you add enough Thai women as friends on Facebook, you’re bound to come across a couple who will say something totally ridiculous on your wall. And without being careful with your options this would be public for all of your friends, or even friends of friends to see. Maybe you’re thinking I’m overreacting? Sorry but when a young Thai girl says, “Who are you, why you add me, I see you before? I no remem you,” on your wall some people might take it the wrong way. That’s somewhat typical; I’ve seen much worse than that! So if you care; be sure to set your options up properly so there is some privacy. I don’t even let new friends post on my wall at all; their access is limited. And when I add friends I make sure that the add itself is private and doesn’t appear on people’s news feeds, and people also can’t go fishing through my friends list. These are all easy options to set; otherwise people might think it’s a little bit strange that out of your 500 friends, 450 of them are 23 year old Thai girls.
2) Your Profile: In regards to attracting Thai women, the only advice I have for your profile is to have pictures of yourself in nice hotels and on nice beaches in Thailand. You’re not looking for a straight up gold digger so you shouldn’t use FB as a tool to be flashy or to brag, don’t do that, But, if you have lots of pictures of yourself in nice places in Thailand I think some girls will get the impression that if they get in with you, maybe you’ll take them to places like that. If you’re older be sure to have pictures of yourself doing some outdoor activities; Thai girls don’t care about age as much as women from other parts of the world, but they don’t want a zombie either.
3) Adding women: Obviously you want to add as many girls as possible by sending them friend requests. If you try to add too many people, Facebook will suspend your “add features” for a while. You can prevent this by adding friends of friends, and by only trying to add a couple of new girls per day. You can add a message to your friend request, but I don’t. I simply send the friend request to regular cute Thai girls with regular jobs. I’d say about half of them accept my request. Then I’m able to look all through their profile and decide if they’re worth contacting. If they’re not I usually delete them so they don’t waste space on my news feed. Occasionally, they’ll talk to you shortly after you add them, maybe 10% of the time. Those are automatic homeruns; with the others you’ll have to initiate the back and forth.
4) Do NOT: Don’t start kissing a girls’ ass on her public wall posts. Every pretty girl in Thailand has a Facebook account with a ton of guys who compliment them wildly every time they post a picture. This is stupid and it actually makes these girls more confident then we want them to be. It also makes you just another stooge! You’re going to see so many instances of this online it will make you sick. “You’re so pretty” doesn’t work in your home country, and although it does kind of work in person in Thailand, it DOES NOT work on Facebook with Thai girls!
5) DO: Send girls a private message. There’s no worst case scenario by doing this. The girl will either get back to you or she won’t. IF she doesn’t you remove her from your friends’ list after a few days and you move on to the next ones. All pretty girls on FB are asked out frequently and many of them are tired of it. So if you send them a message saying, “You’re pretty let’s meet for dinner,” you’re just fitting in with the dozens of other men who have tried the same approach. Your initial message should actually disqualify yourself as someone trying to be a suitor while giving yourself some value. For example if I see that a girl lives in a different city, I’ll say, “Hey, I see you live in ____________. My ex-girlfriend always said I should go there for a visit. Do you know how long it takes to get there from Bangkok by bus? So right off the bat she sees that you are basically treating her like a tour-guide; which will be the opposite of how any other man has ever tried to talk to her in the past on FB. 2nd she’ll see that you had a long term girlfriend in Thailand so that shows some value. I get good responses with messages similar to that. I’d say about 50% of the time I can get into an instant message conversation with them (provided they can read and write half way decent English). Usually it starts off about where they live and I’ll ask them some silly questions about it and then I’ll immediately ask them some questions about themselves, almost like qualifying questions. This is also the opposite of what they’re used to; all too often men will tell them all about themselves. I flip it and ask them all sorts of questions about their education and family background. I’ll throw in mild compliments once in a while but not about their appearance, usually about how their English skills are good (even if they’re not). I’ve had many hour long conversations like this with girls on the spot. And I try to get it from Facebook to Skype video chat as quickly as possible. And from there they’ll pretty much think you’re their boyfriend and you can do whatever you want.
This is a great free way to meet all sorts of Thai women. I successfully used this strategy to meet some girls who would have just been impossible to meet any other way; girls who weren’t actively seeking a foreign guy. And I also used it successfully to meet a model who was totally out of my league. Good luck with it!