You know you’ve been in Thailand too long when….
Into my fifth year of living in Thailand I'm finding myself becoming more and more how could I say "Thai"? Things you do in Thailand that you find normal are not what normal is back in the west. I'll do stuff now that would just seem bazaar to friends and family back home. Here's a list of some of the more funny ones. Please if you have something to add reply with a comment at the bottom of the page.
You know you've been in Thailand too long when....
- When you see people waiting in line your immediate reaction is to go to the front of the line
- You start getting cravings for eating rice
- You've figured out how to walk down Beach road without getting hassled by Ladyboys
- You know how to drive a scooter with 3 passengers
- The only time you use toilet paper is to wipe your face during a meal
- You no longer believe what anyone tells you
- The family car is a Honda Wave
- You go to 7/11 for dinner
- You now prefer your Mangoes green and covered in sugar and chili
- You can drink Sangsom without getting a headache
- You pick your nose in public
- Beer only tastes good if you put ice in it
- After finishing your meal you start planning what the next meal will be
- Nothing you own is real, it's all counterfeit
- After visiting 100 Thai nightclubs you can no longer hear out of one ear
- You drive a motorbike one handed while chatting on Line
- You arrive an hour late to any appointment and make no excuses as to why
- You start telling your girlfriend her skin is too dark
- You ask people all the time "What day is it?"
- You havn't ironed a shirt in years
- You put chilli sauce on your pizza for flavor
- You no longer care about spelling or grammer
- You start saying Na at the end of every sentence even if you're speaking English
Got any more funnies to add? Please use the comment section below.